New - eBook - Lead, Drive & Thrive in the System
- ISBN: 9781558105720
- PUB# 9781558105720
Nurses are natural leaders. But as healthcare organizations continue to merge and accountable care organizations are created, you need real-world insights into how to navigate and lead in this new environment.
Lead, Drive & Thrive in the System is your personal guidebook on how to succeed in this environment. This book translates theory into practice and offers critical information that all nurses can apply in their practice. After reading, nurses from the bedside all the way to the corner office will be able to:
- Understand healthcare systems, collaboration, change and why a system needs to work together.
- Learn what “Systems Thinking” is and how to effectively use it in your own environment.
- Implement key tips on how to facilitate change for future success.
- Bridge innovation and standardization to improve patient care.
- Employ techniques on how to move your organization forward through strategic thinking and planning.
Throughout this book you will read theory, practice and numerous “ah ha” moments from your peers about what it means to work in a system. Plus, build a deeper understanding of the open systems.
Jennifer S. Mensik, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN. earned a PhD in nursing, health systems and public administration from the University of Arizona College of Nursing. Mensik currently is an independent practice consultant and writer. She has worked at St. Luke’s Health System in Idaho as the administrator for nursing and patient care, was the executive director of quality and patient safety for the UCLA Health System, and has worked at Banner Health as the system’s director of clinical practice and research. She is the author of multiple publications, including The Nurse Manager’s Guide to Innovative Staffing.
“I hear some leaders ask, ‘How will I survive this new world order in the health care industry?’ This book is a ‘must read’ for all leaders as we shape the future with enthusiastic, bold passion for excellence.”
Rhonda Anderson, DNSc, RN, FAAN, FACHE
CEO, Banner Health/Cardon Children’s Medical Center
“Every nurse leads — either formally or informally! This exciting publication provides direction and a solid foundation for every nurse to become an even greater leader by also providing strategies for thriving in the complex systems that exist in this new world of health care! Dr. Mensik has made a great contribution to the growth of nurses as leaders in every facet of nursing practice.”
Karlene Kerfoot, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN
Chief Clinical Integration Officer, API Healthcare
“The author brings to life the evidence available about leadership, positive change and system thinking in a way that is practical and usable for both novice and expert nurses as well as other clinicians in all roles in health care organizations. The book will help nurses and their interdisciplinary colleagues advance innovation in the clinical setting and continually learn as professionals with a focus on improving the system that supports them.”
Patricia Reid Ponte, DNSc, RN,FAAN
Chief Nursing Officer, SrVP, Patient Care Services Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Executive Director, Oncology Nursing & Clinical Services Brigham & Women’s Hospital
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
About the Book
eBook features and functionality: Links from each header in the Table of Contents to its in-text occurrence … Active URLs … Next page/Previous page navigation … Home page is Table of Contents … Fully searchable…
ANA Digital Download Policy
The American Nurses Association (ANA) holds the copyright on all published materials in print and electronic formats. In accessing an eBook from Nursesbooks.org, you have agreed to download the content for individual use only. After you purchase and download this title you:
- Are allowed three days to download the eBook and only one download per book.
- Are entitled to print the ANA eBook PDF for your own use.
- May not make multiple copies, broadcast, store (in any medium), transmit, display, adapt or modify in any way the content for any other purpose without prior written permission.
- May not lend, sell or give the ANA PDF eBook to another user.
- May not place the ANA PDF eBook file on a network or an file sharing service for use by anyone other than yourself or allow anyone else to access it.
All eBook purchases are final and non-refundable.
Multi-user Access (site licenses)
If you have questions about these restrictions or need further assistance, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Member Price: $20.36 | List Price: $22.06